The PHPS Board of Trustees believes that children, as a matter of right, should be safe, secure and adequately cared for at home, at school, and in the community. We purchase Blanket Student Accident Insurance on behalf of all students for coverage during the school day – this includes regularly scheduled, approved, and superivsed school trips.
Participation in extra-curricular activities often means students will travel on field trips or visit other schools, such as for band tours or sports. These regularly scheduled, approved and supervised activities are included in all coverage options available under the Blanket Student Accident program. Travel directly to and from the site of the activity is also covered.
The Blanket Student Accident Insurance covers:
- ambulance charges incurred as a result of ‘injury’ (no limit), and
- ambulance charges incurred as a result of ‘sickness and non-injury’ emergencies, and related medical or dental expenses to a maximum combined limit of $1000.
To submit a claim under the Blanket Student Accident Insurance Policy:
- Parents must complete the Blanket Student Accident Insurance – Info Sheet and Standard Claim Form
- Parents must contact the insurance company directly to submit their claim.
- Indicate Policy Number 100007783.
- Ensure that the claim form is submitted within 90 days.
For your convenience, we have made arrangements for families to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance offers protection against the unexpected costs of injury from accidents, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This type of coverage is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
For complete plan details, please visit kidsplus.ca.